2024 CBAC Artistic Development Grant | General Information
The Chequamegon Bay Arts Council (CBAC) announces its annual artistic development grant. The purpose of this grant is to promote ongoing learning and to encourage area residents to further their artistic abilities for reasons of personal growth and enhanced community artistic excellence.
Grant Amounts and Eligibility
Any professional, amateur or student artist residing in Ashland or Bayfield County is eligible to apply.
Eligible continuing education or development opportunities in the field of visual, performing or literary arts include:
- Short-term courses pertaining to an artistic field of interest. Short term is defined as fewer than 15 class sessions.
- Workshops and art/music/literary camps.
- Well-defined individual research projects of an artistic nature.
A total of $3,000 will be awarded through the CBAC Artistic Development grant process. CBAC will fund a maximum of 50% of any proposal based on allowable expenses. Based on funding availability and evaluation of stated criteria, CBAC may fund less than 50% of a proposal.
Individuals or non-profit organizations that have received funding in any previous year and have
not filed their final reports are ineligible.
- Applications are available beginning March 1, 2024 and can be applied online below or download the 2024 Artistic Development Grant Application.
- Once the application is downloaded, it can be completed by typing directly into the document. Save the document accordingly.
- The completed application can be submitted by either: Emailing to CBAC Grant Coordinator Christine Lindsey at [email protected]
If you choose to mail, please send application to:
CBAC – AD Grant
PO Box 25
Washburn WI 54891
4. Applications should be received by email or postmarked no later than April 1, 2024.
5. The applications will be reviewed by the CBAC Board of Directors at their meeting on April 8, 2024. Funding announcements will be made by April 12.
6. Questions? Contact CBAC Grant Coordinator Christine Lindsey at 715-209-5774 or [email protected]
Project Budget Requirements
CBAC will fund a maximum of 50% of any proposal based on allowable expenses.
Eligible expenses include:
- Registration fees
- Material/supply costs
- Travel expenses
Ineligible expenses include:
- College tuition expenses for regular classes where an applicant is attending as a part or full-time student
- Food costs
- Capital expenditures (equipment)
Criteria to be applied in evaluating grant applications include:
- Individual benefit
- Educational merit
- Community benefit
- Financial need
2024 CBAC Artistic Development Grant Application
The purpose of this grant is to promote ongoing learning and to encourage area residents to further their artistic abilities for reasons of personal growth and enhanced community artistic excellence. Any continuing education opportunity in the field of visual, performing, or literary arts would be eligible for considerations. Opportunities can include short-term courses pertaining to an artistic field of interest, workshops, art/music/performance/literary camps, or well-defined individual research projects of an artistic nature. Any professional, amateur, or student artist residing in Ashland or Bayfield County is eligible to apply. Applications and eligibility guidelines will be available on the CBAC website: www.cbayarts.org/grants. The application deadline is April 1 and funding announcements will be made by April 12, 2024. For further information contact CBAC grant coordinator, Chris Lindsey, at [email protected].